Our quality commitment
quality, fiability, product performance and customer services are our first priorities !
Design and manufacturing quality is almost an obsession at EWINCHER, it's part of our DNA.
The designer and CEO of EWINCHER, Bruno Rabu, is not only passionate about sailing, he has worked more than 25 years in the pharmaceutical industry, for him, the quality of design and manufacture is a constant obsession, and the whole team works with pleasure in this permanent search for quality
Materials selected for their high resistance:
Given the highly demanding environment in which Ewincher is used, we have placed great care in the choice of material and conception of Ewincher.
- The plastic components are made of fibreglass reinforced Polyamide 12. It is a highly technical plastic, both very lightweight and resistant (90MPa resistance). It is more robust than aluminium (70MPa). These parts are the casings (shells) of the handle, the battery and the Palm Grip.
- The gears are made of alloy steel, heat treated and cemented.The resistance obtained is over 1500MPa. These gears enable an extremely high torque transmission while remaining well below their working potential.
- The end tip is made of stainless steel 316L. The choice of high quality stainless steel guarantees its corrosion resistance. Effectively, it is practically wear-free, contrary to most standard handle end tips which are made of aluminium (4 times less resistant).
- The electronics are very protected:
The handle is fully watertight (protection rate: IPX6). We took care in tropicalising the electronic card; in other words, making it insensitive to warm and humid climates (climate conditions which are harmful for electronics).
Data transmission between the Palm Grip and the arm of the handle is realised via patented contactless technology, which avoids wear or corrosion on contacts.
- Wear-free motor: The motor used is a brushless motor.
Marine products demand unimpaired quality, due to the extreme conditions that they are submitted to. In order to reach such a level of quality, we decided to assemble these handles ourselves and have established a product quality control policy.
Each component is tested individually, before, during and at the end of assembly. Once assembled, each handle is also subjected to intense tests before delivery.
This quality requirement has also led us to select French suppliers for most of our parts. This is particularly true for the most technical Ewincher components, custom made for Ewincher: the electronic card, the casings (Ewincher 's shells), the gear system. We maintain continuous liaison with these suppliers, in order to control the quality of our parts.